Residential Property Disputes

Tenant Disrepair Claim Service

We provide a dedicated repair compensation claims and tenant disrepair claim services on behalf of residential tenants of local authorities and housing associations as well as private tenants.

We have substantial experience in this field and have an excellent record of success in getting properties repaired and compensation recovered for our tenant clients.

By far the majority of our claims are resolved by agreement without the need for court action with the landlord agreeing to carry out works of repair, paying compensation to our tenant client and paying our fees.

It is possible to start court action to claim compensation during your tenancy, or up to six years after your tenancy ends.

You can make a tenant disrepair claim for compensation if repair problems in your home have:

  • caused damage to your belongings
  • made you or someone in your household ill
  • caused you inconvenience or you have been unable to use your home in a normal way because of repair problems

If you feel that you are being ignored by your landlord and would like us to take over the matter then please contact us. We can advise if a tenant disrepair claim is the right thing for you. Our expert team of solicitors can help assist with any matters you may have, and also have experience working in professional negligence arising out of property advice or transactions, defects to new build properties, disputes between co-owners and land and building disputes.

Get in touch

Get in touch to see how we can advise you today
0800 015 0340

Get in touch